with Torn Shorts, Jetty, and Eric & the Nothing.
2017 WBRU Rock Hunt Kickoff Party
Doors open 8PM | Show starts 9PM
On sale now at:
Lupo’s Box Office, FYE Stores
Round Again Records (Wickenden St, Prov)
In Your Ear (Main St, Warren)
Torn Shorts on Facebook:
Jetty on Facebook:
Eric & The Nothing on Facebook:
Tall Teenagers on Facebook:
with Modern Primates asnd Foul Weather Friend
with Jenn Lombari
Top 10 New England Bands
1. Doomsday Student: Doomsday Student is one of the best live bands in the world and put out incredible skronky post-everything albums.
2. 6 Star General: 6 Star General have been one of my favorite bands for about 10 years. The pride of Warren, Rhode Island, they consistently put out fantastic albums almost annually.
3. Lazertuth: the pride of outer space and southesatern Mass. Lazertuth is a modern day Magma.
4. Goon Planet: Providence has produced a lot of great noisy bands over the years, and Goon Planet is the latest in a long line of geniuses.
5. Pyramid: If Blondie or the Pretenders were a little more punk, but kept the great hooks, they would sound like Rhode Island’s Pyramid.
6. Sick Pills: Chris Evil and company have been cranking out punk gems for a long time, but Sick Pills add touches of The Modern Lovers and Cars to the mix.
7. Picniclunch: Picnic Lunch is the new kings of no wave.
8. David Carradine: Providence thrash punks have been destroying stages world wide for over a decade.
9. Ioneye: Newport, Rhode Island’s Ioneye is the solo project of Stephen Lepre, one of the greatest shredding guitar players on the planet.
10. Olneyville Sound System: OSS has been one the pillars of the Providence noise scene for 20 years, but is set apart a little due to the fact that they happen to also write great songs.
75orless records and Load records: still awesome after all these years.
it’s the ‘White Sugar’ album release show for Matthew Everett, with 75orless members Vertical Twin, Jets Can’t Land, and Deadlands opening up.
41 Central St
with MOTO and The O’Tooles
New Bedford, Mass